Some Small Triumphs 07/21/09
So I just wanted to report some small victories of mine. I created this blog on July 1st. It has been online for exactly 21 days now. In that 21 days, I have managed to grab traffic reaching almost 100 visitors per day, I have built a mailing list of 21 people, and I have made almost $300 in affiliate commissions. $300 may not sound like a huge amount of money but considering that I am used to making between $100 and $150 per month, $300 in a 3 week period is a huge improvement!
I believe I have the Alex Jeffreys coaching class to thank for these triumphs. I have offered to help any student that needed it within the class, I have been very active in the forum, and I have posted on most of the people’s blogs who have given their link within the forum. I think that these three things have generated a ton of traffic for me. I have also began to post comments in blogs outside of the coaching, and I have started to become more and more active in the Warrior Forum again.
I have also noticed that my site has been getting ranked in Google for some pretty good keywords. The other day, I landed on page 1 of Google for the search term Hide Affiliate Links. That’s a pretty well searched keyword!
I feel like I’m really moving up in this online world! I have made some huge connections with some great people. We have already started to plan joint ventures for the future and I am really starting to feel like things are going to work out in my online business.
I think one of my biggest accomplishments, however, is managing to launch my own product that I created myself. I launched the first version of The WordPress Classroom and it has gotten some amazing reviews and attention. I am so excited to see how that develops and grows. It is a really exciting time for me!
I think all of these small triumphs are what keep on pushing me forward. People need to set big goals and small goals alike. Accomplishing the small goals continues to give them the drive and motivation to keep pushing towards the big goals!
Here are some people that have really helped me out so far that I just really want to thank. Please check out their blogs, they are great people and everyone can learn a lot from them!
- Josh Bartlett – He helped me come up with the idea for the WordPress Classroom. He is also helping me design the layout for the new version that will be released shortly! Me and Josh bounce ideas off each other for hours at a time sometimes! This is one smart dude!
- Joe Fier – Joe was my business partner before I started the coaching. Me and him support each other 100% and we are constantly doing what we can to help the other. He is usually the first person to comment on any blog post that I make and the guy has got some mad graphic design skills!
- Marcus Passey – Marcus has got so much passion and drive to be a success online. I think that is why we relate so well! He is just a motivational guy with a great attitude and outlook. This guy is going to go far!
- David Chamberlain – This is another guy that I spend hours at a time just bouncing ideas around with him. He is a smart guy and he always offers me help and advice. We promote each other’s blogs via the social bookmarking sites and I just think he’s going to be a great friend and contact going in to the future.
- Rob Willis – Rob helps me with ideas all of the time too. He always has some good ideas and he always sends me cool tools and resources to check out.
- Alex Jeffreys – My coach and mentor. This guy is one cool, down to earth dude. He is basically a marketing genius that has helped get me organized and on track. If it wasn’t for Alex, I would still be out there buying up every ebook that promised quick riches. He knows his stuff, he stays up until ungodly hours of the night to help people, and he’s just an all around nice guy
There are so many other people that have helped me here and there. I realized half way through making that list that there’s no way I’m going to be able to list them all in one post. I will make sure that everyone who has helped me along the way will get their due thanks. Anyone I haven’t mention, Thanks So Much!
This experience has been amazing and it’s just getting started!